The thought of wearing traditional metal braces may not be appealing for adults with misaligned teeth owing to its many disadvantages. Now, with the help of Invisalign clear braces, anyone can have a straighter smile in less time and with less trouble. An Invisalign brace consists of a series of clear plastic aligners custom-made to gradually and subtly shift your teeth into alignment. Because of this, the Invisalign clear aligners have gained widespread acceptance among teens and adults.
The Invisalign treatment is a simple process where patients can have a straight smile in less time than with metal braces. Digital images of your teeth are taken to calculate, design, and manufacture progressive pairs of clear aligners. These aligners continuously move your teeth into their desired positions to get a straightened set of teeth. There are no brackets, wires, or special cleanings involved with the Invisalign treatment.
What Are the Problems That Can Be Corrected by Invisalign?
The problems that are generally corrected with Invisalign are as follows:
Overcrowding: The overcrowding of teeth can occur when there is too little place for the teeth to get aligned correctly in the mouth. This problem could cause tooth decay and increase the possibility of gum disease.
Crossbite: This dental problem occurs when one or more upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth. This could cause uneven wear and can lead to gum disease and bone erosion.
Overbite: When the upper teeth protrude over the lower teeth partially or completely, an overbite can occur. As a result of this problem, jaw pain and TMJ may occur.
Underbite: This is the opposite of overbite, where the lower teeth protrude over or completely cover the upper teeth and eventually cause jaw pain and TMJ.
Benefits Of Invisalign
- Straight teeth are easier to clean. Brushing at home becomes much more effective when the teeth are straight.
- The flossing of straight teeth also becomes easy, quick, and painless.
- Dental cleanings will be much faster with less scraping and discomfort.
- There will be fewer cavities as the straight teeth will have fewer hiding places for bacteria and food particles.
- The gums will be healthier.
- The Invisalign aligners are removable, hence, can be taken off before eating and brushing.
- The aligners do not hurt the cheeks and mouth, as is the case with metal brackets.
- Treatment time is shorter compared to that of traditional braces.
- Most people will not even notice that you are wearing braces because of the Invisalign aligner’s transparent material.
Call Byerly Dental at (317) 632-1488 or schedule an online appointment to know more about Invisalign.